tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert F. Hall" <rfh...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: ENC: another DBCP problem with tomcat 4.1.30, tomcat-5.0.27 and O racleApplicationServer-9.0.4
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:53:07 GMT
Hola,

Just to clarify, is it true that you can store a CLOB if the
java.sql.Connection is
obtained directly from Oracle's DriverManager?

But when  you use a java.sql.Connection from DBCP, everything else being
the same,
you can not store a CLOB?

If that's the situation, then there has to be some difference between
the Connections.
I'm not familiar with Tomcat's DBCP, we use JBoss, so I don't know what
goes into
configuring TC's DBCP.  Is should be possible to configure DBCP to user the
DriverManager in Oracle's ojdbc14.jar.

/Robert