tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert F. Hall" <rfh...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Access JBoss from Tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:50:05 GMT
Howdy,

You could access your JBoss hosted EJBs as web services.  It's been
awhile since I did it,
but as I recall it was pretty straight forward to present an EJB as a
web service using JBoss/Axis.
You won't need to secure your web services since the host is on your
internal network and
can be prottected from external access.

You'll need WSDL definitions and then can use
org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java to generate
Java client code.  JBoss provides some assistance for presenting an EJB
as a web service,
see org.jboss.net.axis.server.EJBProvider.

Direct access to the EJBs would also be possible, with the client code
residing in your
perimeter Tomcat server.

HTH,
Robert