tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Accessing LDAP after authentication
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:05:04 GMT
You'll need to connect to LDAP via JNDI to get the other user attributes.
JNDIRealm only knows how to authenticate and authorize, not user information
retrieval.

To get the user name - request.getRemoteUser() or request.getUserPrincipal()
should give you enough information to perform your ldap lookups.

-Tim