tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Wong <rw...@opsware.com>
Subject Configuring Tomcat 5 to not display null value as word null
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:54:10 GMT
Hi,

I have the following JSP fragment:

case 1 = <%=request.getParameter("no_such_thing")%>
case 2 = ${requestScope["no_such_thing"]}

The output of the page is

case 1 = null
case 2 =

Is there any way that Tomcat can be configured to not display the word
"null" if the value is null?  It is easy to replace the above example in
case 1 by case 2, but in my case it is not easy to make such change to
my existing code base (which I am migrating from another servlet engine
that outputs null as "").  I have pages with the <input type=text>
elements displaying the string "null" when there is no default value.

Thanks,
--
Rick