tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: application deploys twice
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:56:16 GMT

Jignesh Patel wrote:
> Hi All,
> We are using tomcat5.0.19 and struts1.1.
>
> Whenever we deploys our application it deploys twice.
> We couldn't able to identify the reason, why this is happening.
>
> Can anybody give insight to us.
>
> We are not deploying war file as well as we are not deploying in server
> we are setting context path in server.xml.
Is autoDeploy and loadOnStartup true in your host setting in server.xml?

If yes, a context directory inside the webapps dir gets deployed by the
loadOnStartup mechanismn aswell as the context descriptor. This can
result in duplicated deployments.

Did you check if you have a deployment descriptor .xml file in
conf/Catalina/localhost that is duplicated?

BTW. You should not define contexts in server.xml. Use the
conf/Catalina/localhost directory for deployments.

Greetings
Michael