tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Toneman <Michiel.Tone...@bibit.com>
Subject Re: [OFFTOPIC] Removing attribute from all HttpSessions
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:56:48 GMT
Bad caching strategy.

Try using a singleton cache backed by a HashMap. Have an invalidation
method that takes a pagekey as argument. Create a simple get(pagekey)
that checks for invalidation and refills the cache entry when necessary.

No need to go iterating over sessions...

Just my $0.02 :-)

Michiel

Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Hey,
>
>I am putting a page caching stategy into place per user session. However, there are times
when I need to refresh all the caches for all users. For example, let's say 5 users have a
cached version of page 5. An external event causes page 5 to invalidate. I need an effective
strategy to flush all sessions with page 5 cached.

>Thoughts appreciated, Allistair.
>

><FONT SIZE=1 FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL" COLOR=BLUE>
>QAS Ltd.
>Developers of QuickAddress Software
>Registered in England: No 2582055
>Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474

Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com
Tel. +31-30-6595168  Fax +31-30-6564464      http://www.bibit.com/