tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies immediately
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:19:23 GMT

QM wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:00:43PM -0400, ohaya wrote:
> : I'm trying to setup Tomcat 5.0.27 to talk to Apache using mod_proxy on
> : Win2K server.
> : When I add the following to server.xml to setup the proxy port:
> :  [snip]
> : and try to start Tomcat, a DOS window flashes up for a few seconds, then
> : disappears, i.e., Tomcat doesn't seem to be able to startup.
>
> The "tomcat fails to start" question shows up frequently on the list.
> 1/ check the logs
> 2/ change startup.bat to pause at the very end, so you can see what's
> going on
>
> etc.

QM,

This is on Win2K, and I found that if I did the startup using the
Windows Services applet, Tomcat would put messages into the Event log...

Re. the actual problem, I was able to get around it by commenting out
the AddModule associated with mod_proxy, and then adding a
<Location>...</Location> in the httpd.conf.

Jim