tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <>
Subject How to get mod_jk2 to pass (environment?) variables
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:39:48 GMT

My apologies for continuing to post similar messages, but I'm still not
able to get my JSPs to retrieve any of the information from client
certificates in my Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2 server.  I've been testing like
crazy for 2-3 days now, and going nowhere fast.

At this point, I'm getting more convinced that something is wrong in the
Apache->mod_jk2->Tomcat path.  Specifically, I think that Apache is
sending the SSL-related variables to Tomcat, but somewhere along the
way, they're not making it to my JSPs.  Part of this is that I've run
the '' in cgi-bin, and that displays a TON of SSL-related

What I'm thinking is that Apache is passing the variables, but probably
mod_jk2 is not passing them to Tomcat.

During my testing, I thought that I'd run across some information about
setting environment variables or something similar in one of the
configuration files, maybe, but I can't find this
reference.  It was something like "AjpEnvVars=".

If this rings a bell for someone, can you point me to a reference on

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message