tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject How to get mod_jk2 to pass (environment?) variables
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:39:48 GMT
Hi,

My apologies for continuing to post similar messages, but I'm still not
able to get my JSPs to retrieve any of the information from client
certificates in my Apache+Tomcat+mod_jk2 server.  I've been testing like
crazy for 2-3 days now, and going nowhere fast.

At this point, I'm getting more convinced that something is wrong in the
Apache->mod_jk2->Tomcat path.  Specifically, I think that Apache is
sending the SSL-related variables to Tomcat, but somewhere along the
way, they're not making it to my JSPs.  Part of this is that I've run
the 'printenv.pl' in cgi-bin, and that displays a TON of SSL-related
information.

What I'm thinking is that Apache is passing the variables, but probably
mod_jk2 is not passing them to Tomcat.

During my testing, I thought that I'd run across some information about
setting environment variables or something similar in one of the
configuration files, maybe workers2.properties, but I can't find this
reference.  It was something like "AjpEnvVars=".

If this rings a bell for someone, can you point me to a reference on
this?

Thanks,
Jim