tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Odd characters inserted in response after JSPC
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:52:31 GMT
I had the same problem working with a Unicode file. I don't know what my
editor was doing - I just used vi and killed the character and all worked well.

-Tim

Allistair Crossley wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I have compiled all my JSPs with JSPC. I have found that 3 odd characters occur at the
very start of most of my my responses which use a certain template JSP ...

> I use 2 layouts, one for home and one for other pages. This problem is not happening
on the home page although both that and the page layout use the same JSP code

> The home class code shows the following:
>
> _jspx_out = out;
>         out.write("\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd\">\r\n\r\n<html
xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\">\r\n\r\n\t<head>\r\n\t\t<title>iQ :
The QAS Intranet</title>\r\n\t\t<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"/resources/skins/");

> Whilst the page class code has 3 output numbers \357\273\277 !?:
>
> _jspx_out = out;
>         out.write("\357\273\277\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd\">\r\n\r\n<html
xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\">\r\n\t<head>     \r\n\t\t<title>iQ :
");