tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Logging problem SOAP based web service
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:45:37 GMT
You might need to use a Filter to stuff the things you need to log into the
ServletRequest. Then you can use this:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=109273888725607&w=2

-Tim

timo.m.jaakola@nokia.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a SOAP based web service running on tomcat 4.1.30. This service should write a
log containing client's IP address and some attributes from SOAP-message body (inside SOAP
envelope).  Is this possible somehow?

> I suppose Tomcat's access logs cannot read attributes from SOAP envelope and web service's
implementation responding to request does not know the IP address of the client (parameters
to ws implementation contain Envelope env, SOAPContext reqCtx, SOAPContext resCtx). Any ideas?