tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to combine tomcat log information with SOAP message content?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:34:24 GMT
I assume your talking about access logs?

If so, the accessLogValve and extendedaccesslogvalve allow for attibutes in
the ServletRequest, Session, and ServletContext to be printed.

AccessLog:
  %{xxx}c</code> for a specific cookie
  %{xxx}r</code> xxx is an attribute in the ServletRequest
  %{xxx}s</code> xxx is an attribute in the HttpSession
eg:
%{foo}r would print the value returned by servletRequest.getAttribute("foo")

ExtendedAccessLog
  x-A(XXX) - Pull XXX attribute from the servlet context
  x-C(XXX) - Pull the first cookie of the name XXX
  x-R(XXX) - Pull XXX attribute from the servlet request
  x-S(XXX) - Pull XXX attribute from the session
  x-P(...) -  Call request.getParameter(...)
eg: x-R{foo} would print the value returned by servletRequest.getAttribute("foo")

-Tim

timo.m.jaakola@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to combine tomcat log information (e.g. requestor's IP address, timestamp,...) with
information available in SOAP message body parts containing application data?