tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03...@nifty.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Have you implemented a Java server faces site?
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:48:34 GMT
Oh yes. But ...

V D wrote:

> Thank you very much for the link.  I also did some work on JSF too, and
> see its strength and weakness.  Unfortunately, the guy doing the
> evaluation in the link below did not dig deep enough or use any GUI IDE
See links linked from the theserverside page, that is, from the readers
light and superficial one.

> such as the Java Creator or IBM's tool.  Some of his points are valid
> though.  I see other problems myself.  One of them is the ability to
> create customized view, component, or renderer.  They all involves java
> objects (which is not easily changable), and very elaborate.  To have a
> render, you have to have a tag file, a tag class, a configuration, and
> the renderer class. Unbelievable!
Tags are only for JSP presentation. You could use a better presentation
technology if you want. See this article:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/06/09/jsf.html

Personally, I feel JSF has saved my life in the Web development sea.
It's simple, easy to use, and more effective than Struts et al.

> Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>> See http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=27962
>>
>> V D wrote:
>>

>>> If so, what is your experience?  Is it mature enough for a serious
>>> web programming?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Hiroshi Iwatani

*stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about your
country? *for our better karma*