tomcat-users mailing list archives

From V D <st946...@drexel.edu>
Subject Re: Have you implemented a Java server faces site?
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 05:02:16 GMT

Thank you very much for the link.  I also did some work on JSF too, and
see its strength and weakness.  Unfortunately, the guy doing the
evaluation in the link below did not dig deep enough or use any GUI IDE
such as the Java Creator or IBM's tool.  Some of his points are valid
though.  I see other problems myself.  One of them is the ability to
create customized view, component, or renderer.  They all involves java
objects (which is not easily changable), and very elaborate.  To have a
render, you have to have a tag file, a tag class, a configuration, and
the renderer class. Unbelievable!