tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sherman Mohler <smoh...@ciscolearning.org>
Subject javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name Pack322 is not bound in this Context
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:20:44 GMT
I am trying to declare a unique (text based) realm for one of  my
webapps. The XML in /conf/Catalina/localhost/cubscout.xml looks like this:

<Context path="/cubscouts" docBase="Cub">
    <Resource name="Pack322Database" auth="Container"
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
       description="User database that can be updated and saved">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="Pack322Database">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>pathname</name>
        <value>conf/pack322-users.xml</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

                 debug="0" resourceName="Pack322Database"/>

</Context>

I get the startup error: "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
Pack322Database is not bound in this Context"

It is worth noting that when I move the <Resource> into the server.xml
as a <GlobalNamingResources> element everything works.

Kind Regards,

-- Sherman