tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:27:40 GMT

> There are 2 ways for the {tomcat}/conf/{...}.xml files to be created:
>
> 1/ META-INF/context.xml is extracted from a WAR file when it is deployed
>  and copied there.
>  (Unless the matching XML file already exists under conf/, in which case
>   the WAR file's context.xml is ignored)
>
> 2/ The file is manually copied there by someone.

QM,

I'll try the "experiment" that you suggested, but FYI, there are no .WAR
files in either the unzipped directories from just unzipping, or in any
subdirectories under my working [TOMCAT HOME].  If those extra .xml
files got created because of #1 above, would you expect to find some
files named .war?

Also, there are no directories named "META-INF" or files called
"context.xml".

I'll post back in a bit after I've tried the bit with changing the
Engine name...

Jim