tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:00:22 GMT

d_l wrote:

> On 9 Aug 2004 at 12:37, QM qm300-at-brandxdev.net |Tomcat User Li wrote:
> >
> >       http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html
> >
> > My previous message will make more sense then, and both of your
> > questions should be answered.
> >
> I referred to that same link in an earlier posting .. but I'm afraid it is
> still not clear to me (after reading that tome again) why two separate
> installers of Tomcat 5.0.27 should see different content
> (webapps.xml) in ..\Catalina\locahost\
>
> "Something" must be different between the two 5.0.27 setups .. can
> you offer another clue? Are you referring to "Automatic Application
> Deployment"?
>
> Sure enough, the second question (on webappsname.xml) is
> answered clearly enough.
>
> Thanks.

d_l,

I just got back, and as I mentioned earlier, I unzipped the original
.ZIP file, and I guess at least PART of the mystery is solved.
Immediately after unzipping the file, I checked in the
conf\Catalina\localhost directory, and there are only the 3 .xml files
that you mentioned.

Now the thing that I'm wondering is where did those others come from.
At this point, it's clear that Tomcat must've created them (I'm 100%
sure I didn't create them), at some point.  I'm just not sure when or
why...

Jim