tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Peterson <speter...@listpilot.net>
Subject Tomcat 4.1 and LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:31:57 GMT
Hi all,

I am having problem where Tomcat 4.1.27 just stops after some random
period of time.  I am on RH9 and JDK 1.4.2.  This seems to be the same
problem reported earlier and a recommended fix was to set an environment
variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1.  Can I simply put an "export
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" in my setenv.sh file?

Also, I have heard other recommended values, such as
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5; how would I find out which one to use?

- Steve

Hello.

Is this the same problem I also asked yesterday about in thread

"All threads are busy ... servlet status 75"

Somewhere I read about setting the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.2.5
But I also read somewhere that this didn't help
(www.junlu.com/msg/14450.html)

--
Steven Peterson, President
Frontier Productions, Inc.

Creators of List Pilot
Easier email broadcasting to your many different customers
http://www.listpilot.net