tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:14:04 GMT

QM wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 09:29:51AM -0400, ohaya wrote:
> : > BUT .. in my Tomcat 5.0.27 ..  I only see three <webappname>.xml files in
above
> : > location ..
> : >
> : > admin.xml
> : > balancer.xml
> : > manager.xml
> : >
> : > no other <webappname>.xml files (context.xml files) show up such as
>
> If there is no context.xml, as with the examples, then Tomcat won't
> create (copy) the file to {tomcat}/conf/{...}.
>
> Take note: if you are using a WAR file and make changes to the internal
> context.xml file, delete the one under {tomcat}/conf/{...} before you
> bounce the process.  At least for now, Tomcat doesn't check a whether a
> WAR file's context.xml is newer than its copy under the conf dir.

QM,

A couple of questions:

1) Any idea why d_l has only the 3 xxxx.xml files in
[tomcat]/conf/[...], whereas I have a bunch?  As I indicated in an
earlier msg, I didn't create them.

2) When you and others refer to "context.xml", are you referring to a
file that is literally named "context.xml", or do you mean "an file
containing the webapp's <Context> that is named <webappname>.xml"?  I've
seen references to "context.xml" in various places, but there are no
files named "context.xml" in my Tomcat subdirs.

Jim