tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Gammelmark <li...@geemark.com>
Subject Letting apache handle 404s
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:08:01 GMT
My primary httpd is Apache2 but i connect to Tomcat5 using the mod-jk2
connector. The problem is, that it seems that tomcat handles too much of
apache's job. For instance if I enter a URL ending in .jsp I see a
tomcat 404 instead of an apache 404 - presumably because apache naivly
passes all .jsp requests on. But can I make tomcat "politely" inform
apache about the 404 and let apache take actions instead?

Strangly, if no "default" files, such as index.jsp og index.php is
present in the directory, tomcat - not apache - presents a folder listing.

How can I tell tomcat that it should let apache handle the basic
communication with the client?
As it may appear, I'm quite new to this tomcat thing... Thank you in advance