tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:47:46 GMT

"D'Alessandro, Arthur" wrote:

> <Context cachingAllowed="true" docBase="yourwebappname.war" debug="99"
> path="/yourwebappname" privileged="false" reloadable="true"
> swallowOutput="true">
>   <ResourceLink name="jdbc/jimnew" global="jdbc/jimnew"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
> </Context>
>
> Either in your server.xml, or as 'context.xml' in your webapps /META-INF
> folder..

Hi Arthur,

Guess what?  I think that I've found where the Contexts ended up!!

I was digging around the Tomcat directories, and I found that at [TOMCAT
HOME]\conf\Catalina\localhost, there was a bunch of .XML files, one
named after each of the webapps, e.g., jsp-examples.xml.  And, it looks
like each of these are the Context for the respective webapps.

My test JSP is in jsp-examples, so I added just the ResourceLink to
jsp-examples.xml, bounced Tomcat, and VOILA!!!  It worked!!

BTW, I am curious about something.  It seems that my installation seems
a bit non-standard.  All the docs that I've seen talk about 'examples',
but in my case, I don't have an 'examples' directory or webapp, just a
'jsp-examples'.  Do you, or does anyone else know if this is something
that has changed in the distribution?

Thanks for all of your help!!

Jim