tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ohaya <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Newbie - JDBC problem "Name is not bound in this context"
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:10:53 GMT

"D'Alessandro, Arthur" wrote:

> Add a resourcelink to your context definition.

Arthur,

I'm kind of (well, really) new to Tomcat, so could you clarify?

Am I right that you mean to add that to the server.xml?

At least with the distribution that I installed, which I posted with my
original msg, when I looked at the server.xml, there was hardly anything
in it, i.e., no Context, etc.  I think that there was basically just the
<SERVER>, <RESOURCE>, <RESOURCE PARAMS>, and <SERVICE>.

Given that that's the case, can I add JUST a <RESOURCELINK>, or do I
need to add a <CONTEXT> also?

Like I said, this is almost all new to me, so it's a little confusing...

Thanks,
Jim