tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Realm configuration not working
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:26:44 GMT
Greetings!

I've recently decided to take advantage of Tomcat's authentication
mechanism, however, it doesn't appear to be working for me. I've
configured a Realm in my context (through the admin tool). It is a
DataSourceRealm.

When I've tested everything, I keep getting pushed out to the error page
that I've configured in my login settings. Since I couldn't figure out
what was going on when I screwed up the debugging levels, I grabbed the
source and started stepping through it in my debugger. Here's where it
gets interesting. When FormAuthenticator.java gets the Realm to
authenticate against:

Realm realm = context.getRealm();

The Realm that is returned is Tomcat's global "UserDatabaseRealm" - not
my DataSourceRealm. At this point, its no wonder that the authentication
isn't succeeding!!

Why isn't Tomcat using the Realm configured in the context?! This is on
Tomcat 5.0.27 under jdk 1.4.2.

Any help would be appreciated!!

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst