tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: ajp over ssl
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:22:30 GMT
Michael J├╝rgens wrote:

> Oh sorry I was a little bit tired in the morning.
> I want to connect the Apache securesd over an unsecure medium (Internet)
>
> An my question ist how to connect AJP 1.3 over SSL (not ssh) with jk
> or jk2.
>
> regards,
>
> Michael

Michael,

I believe you'll want to configure your Apache VirtualHost to serve your
SSL requests, then use the mod_jk (or jk2) module to communicate with
Tomcat. Is there any reason that your web-application (on Tomcat) needs
to be aware of the SSL security? You can find documentation on securing
Apache via SSL on the main Apache site (httpd.apache.org). And
communicating betw. Apache and Tomcat via JK has abundant documentation
as well.

Good luck!

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst