tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <>
Subject Re: ajp over ssl
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:22:30 GMT
Michael J├╝rgens wrote:

> Oh sorry I was a little bit tired in the morning.
> I want to connect the Apache securesd over an unsecure medium (Internet)
> An my question ist how to connect AJP 1.3 over SSL (not ssh) with jk
> or jk2.
> regards,
> Michael

I believe you'll want to configure your Apache VirtualHost to serve your
SSL requests, then use the mod_jk (or jk2) module to communicate with
Tomcat. Is there any reason that your web-application (on Tomcat) needs
to be aware of the SSL security? You can find documentation on securing
Apache via SSL on the main Apache site ( And
communicating betw. Apache and Tomcat via JK has abundant documentation
as well.

Good luck!

Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc