tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Weidemann <Andre.Weidem...@web.de>
Subject Re: tomcat output gets mixed up for different requests
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:59:14 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>>From: Andre.Weidemann@web.de [mailto:Andre.Weidemann@web.de]
>>Subject: Re: tomcat output gets mixed up for different requests
>>
>>So it seems that Tomcat does not spawn a new servlet for a
>>new request
>

> As per the spec - using a single instance of the servlet is correct behavior.  You should
be using local variables, not instance or static fields, within the servlet.  If you need
to save some persistent information, the session is frequently the right place to put it.

>  - Chuck

I was able to fix the error, it was one of those stupid mistakes...

It wasn't a static variable but close to it. I had PrintWriter for the
response.getWriter specified as a class-variable.
It is working flawlessly now.

  André.