tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null', cause: No suitable driver
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:19:04 GMT
Hi Isen.

This is a common problem and usually means your JNDI naming is
inconsistent or your missing config info in one or more of the following
files:

server.xml ( if you defined your JDBC resource here )
[context].xml
web.xml
Java code

Essentially make sure there are no spelling/capitalization mistakes and
all the necessary parts are there, including the JDBC driver jar file in
the common/lib directory.  The JNDI howtos on the Jakarta site is a good
place to look:

(these are for tomcat 5, there should be equivalents for tomcat 4)
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

If you're still running into brick walls, post appropriate sections of
all the above files replacing security sensitive sections (database
username, password) with *'s or something.

--David