tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Dai <ddai...@ddai.net>
Subject Re: How to deploy customized realm, authenticator, etc.?
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:43:04 GMT
Thanks Yoav.

I'd like it to be as simple as dropping a WAR file into webapps
directory. But in my case, I'll have to drop something else into either
common/lib or server/lib if not using a customized ClassLoader, right?

Also, putting them into common/lib didn't seem to work because my
customized realm, authenticator use classes from Catalina, which is not
available at common ClassLoader level.

If I'm going to use customized ClassLoader, how am I going to do it? I
mean, if I do it on the Catalina side, that means some customized stuff
needs to go into common or server, right? And I'd assume I can't use
ClassLoader on the webapp side to load customized realm and
authenticator, can I?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with ClassLoader stuff ...

--
Dennis Dai
ddai@ddai.net