tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: Host Aliases, Wildcards
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:28:05 GMT
Well, you should be able to use the mod_jk (or mod_jk2) module to hand
off request to any JSPs to Tomcat ... and Tomcat can just be configured
under a single host, so what the incoming hostname request looks like
won't matter to it ... only the context its requesting.

Have you configured Apache to talk with Tomcat via JK?

J. Lindberg wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Yes, there is no problem with Apache web
> server, using ServerAlias which supports wildcards. It all works fine
> until it encounters a .jsp file, then it's a no-go.
>

> On 2004-08-02, at 18.18, Ruth, Brice wrote:
>
>> Not sure about Tomcat, but Apache should be able to handle this with
>> a few well-written mod_rewrite entries.
>>
>> J. Lindberg wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all.
>>> I've searched the internet about this, but have come up empty
>>> handed, so I'll ask you guys;
>>>
>>> Is it at all possible to use wildcards in host aliases? I have a
>>> host, say example.com. I would like all requests to
>>> anything.example.com to alias to example.com. I've already set up
>>> the DNS server to resolve hosts accordingly.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> /J. L.

>> --
>> Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst