tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <>
Subject Re: mod_jk and cache
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:19:37 GMT

master wrote:

>>If you're using the mod_jk.conf auto-generation (I assume you are from
>>the context of your message), then its simply because the mod_jk module
>>only generates that file when Tomcat is started, once started, that file
>>is not modified again. Even so, as far as I know, Apache doesn't pick up
>>modifications to its .conf files - so Apache would need to get restarted
>>for the updated configuration to take effect.
>>The same would be the case if you weren't running the auto-generation,
>>you would need to add the JKMount directives to your apache
>>configuration manually, and restart Apache for the changes to take effect.
>>Or maybe I've misunderstood your problem?
>>Brice Ruth
>>Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
>>Fiskars Brands Inc
>hi, no i don t use the autoconf but that s not really the problem my problem
>is not about the  change in the config file i speak in the change of .class
>file for example  in a website, a simple reload of the context (with the
>manager) work fine for java but not for apache it doesn t take the changes
Hrmpf, that is strange ... JK (to my knowledge) does no caching, so
every request that matches its JKMount map parameters is handed off to
Tomcat. When you change a .class file, reload the application, and
access it via Tomcat directly (port 8080?) - your changes appear? But
not through Apache?

Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc

To unsubscribe, e-mail: