tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: horrible problems with TC4.1 under RedHat Advanced Server
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:07:53 GMT
Well, first off, it appears your problem is related to your JDK, not so
much Tomcat - I'm sure you've assumed as much. Have you tried grabbing
other JDKs? You seem to be using Sun's JDK (which happens to be running
smoothly on two RedHat ES 2.1 systems I have, no modifications were
necessary to install, either). BEA has a free (right? I think so ..) JDK
called JRockit, which also runs smoothly on RedHat ES 2.1 (one server
here with that). Then, of course, you can grab IBM's JDKs - they have
all sorts of different flavors, but I know that on one RedHat ES 2.1 box
hosted externally with Rackspace, IBM's JDK was installed by default ...
so I imagine there's some history there.

Give a few different JDKs a whirl and see if your problems go away!!

Good luck.

Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc
http://www.fiskarsbrands.com/