tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk and cache
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:56:44 GMT
master wrote:

>Hi, i use tomcat 4.1.30 with apache 1.3.31 but i have some problem using the
>mod_jk
>when i start tomcat all is fine but when one of the site change his
>configuration (new applet or somethink like that) the change are not done on
>apache (only on tomcat) for them to work i need to restart java completely
>each time, i think this come from a problem of configuration of mod_jk but i
>can t find which
>i have put the following option concerning the cache :
>worker.ajp13.cachesize=10
>worker.ajp13.cache_timeout=600
>worker.ajp13.socket_keepalive=1
>worker.ajp13.socket_timeout=300
>
>if someone has any idea it s welcome
>thanks

If you're using the mod_jk.conf auto-generation (I assume you are from
the context of your message), then its simply because the mod_jk module
only generates that file when Tomcat is started, once started, that file
is not modified again. Even so, as far as I know, Apache doesn't pick up
modifications to its .conf files - so Apache would need to get restarted
for the updated configuration to take effect.

The same would be the case if you weren't running the auto-generation,
you would need to add the JKMount directives to your apache
configuration manually, and restart Apache for the changes to take effect.

Or maybe I've misunderstood your problem?

Respectfully,
Brice Ruth

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst