tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Rees <>
Subject Re: horrible problems with TC4.1 under RedHat Advanced Server
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:54:51 GMT
Steve Summit wrote, On 8/1/2004 6:22 AM:
> I've got a big, complicated web application (too complicated to
> go into the details of here), and I'm having problems moving from
> Red Hat 9 to Red Hat Advanced Server / Enterprise Server.
> (The move is for support reasons.)
> I suspect that there's some pernicious incompatibility between
> this version of Tomcat, this version of j2sdk, and the C
> libraries in these releases of RedHat.  (When I built these
> machines, I think I had to manually install a C compatibility
> library to get Java to work at all.)
> There was a message to this list a month or so ago from
> Harald Henkel describing some similar-sounding problems, but
> it doesn't look like he got an answer.  He mentioned setting
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.1, and I'm going to try this, but it
> sounded like that only slightly ameliorated, but didn't fix,
> his problem.

It's definitely some sort of JVM/OS issue, and not directly related to
Tomcat.  What glibc version are you running, are you running all errata
for the system (up2date)?  Also upgarde to the latest JDK, and finally,
if it is still not stable, try a LD_ASSUME_KERNEL setting of 2.2.5.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message