tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Echerer <m...@tngtech.com>
Subject Re: [tomcat] Re: Understanding tomcat web administration tool.
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:53:50 GMT

>> And when examining  localhost_log.2004-08-01.txt
>>
>> I see these errors:
>>
>> 2004-08-01 04:20:52 StandardHost[localhost]: Error deploying
>> application at context path null
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context path /admin is already in use
>>
>> 2004-08-01 04:20:52 HostConfig[localhost] Error deploying
>> configuration descriptor adminsample.xml
>> java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context path
>> /admin is already in use

This looks like the admin context was not deployed properly or you try
to deploy it twice.
What is this adminsample.xml? You should get it removed. Check your
conf/Catalina/localhost/ xml deployment descriptor files. Looks like you
try to deploy something twice in the admin context.

Maybe it's also a good idea if you try to start over with a fresh tomcat
installation and only adjust the tomcat-users.xml again.
This adminsample.xml must be something custom, so I guess you messed
something up already that makes trouble.

Greetings!
Michael