tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nandish Rudra <nru...@calleci.com>
Subject Memory Usage - Tomcat 5.0.25
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:16:53 GMT
Hello,

I am having some memory issues while deploing/undeploying web applications
to Tomcat. I am using Tomcat 5.0.25 with Java 2 SDK version 1.4.2_04 and Ant
1.6.1 on GNU Linux 2.4.20-8. I use ant to compile my web application and
Tomcat's catalina-ant.jar to deploy it automatically.

Here is my problem. When I undeploy/remove an application, Tomcat does not
reclaim the memory being used by the web application and when the
application is re-deployed/re-installed a significant increase in memory is
seen. This increase is obviously the memory usage by the new instance of the
web application.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

Regards,
NR