tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Samuel V. Green III <macun...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [tomcat] Re: Understanding tomcat web administration tool.
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:10:06 GMT
I did a fresh install of Tomcat 4.1.3 at /users/myuser/tomcat4.

At a previous install I was trying the Mac OSX the first example of
Java and Tomcat on Mac OS X,
http://developer.apple.com/internet/java/tomcat1.html

It took me awhile to figure out the "classpath" command before the
javac command
would work.  I'm guessing that this classpath command might be causing
the problem:

export
CLASSPATH="/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/
Classes/classes.jar:/users/macunkie/tomcat4/common/lib/servlet.jar"

Is there a "correct" classpath setting that I should be setting?

When I start and stop admin from the manager app I get an OK message.

Samuel.