tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j.blackw...@earthlink.net
Subject 'tomcat' XP starting as a service - not starting/not listed
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:18:26 GMT
List;

I am new to tomcat and am trying to work my way through the needed setup and configuration
by
trial and error (what else is new......).

PLATFORM:  Windows XP

ISSUE, I am not seeing the 'tomcat' service when I look in 'services'.  I noted ~/bin/'TOMCAT'
service
file in the bin directory but do not know how to set this up to actually run as a service
I tried "properties> RUN AS" but it was already set to run as my account which has administer
already.

Question, how do I cause 'tomcat' to run as a service.

This is a newbie type of question, and thanks for your patience!

Jon