tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weight based load balancing
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:08:04 GMT
sounds like you already have an idea of how to implement it and just
want feedback on what parameters it should consider.

from past experience, many people use a simple Hash when all the
system have the same hardware. When it is not, I would think memory
and network IO would be the biggest factors. CPU shouldn't really be a
factor unless you're using a ton of XML.

this topic is pretty rich, so you should be able to find sample
algorithms for calculating the weight.

peter