tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Mark L CIV NSWC-PC" <mark.l.willi...@navy.mil>
Subject JSTL VS. JSP
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:01:00 GMT
Given a web site using FORM-based authentication, I can get the name of
the authenticated user to show in my web page with:

<%= request.getUserPrincipal().getName() %>

If I use JSTL, I think the equivalent should be:

<c:out value="${request.getUserPrincipal().getName()}" />

The first one works; the second one fails with a "The function
getUserPrincipal must be used with a prefix when a default namespace is
not specified" error.

I'd really like to get the JSTL version to work. I'm really rusty on
lots of this and figure I'm overlooking the obvious, so I need someone
to point it out to me. Please. I'm not begging here, but it sure does
sound like it.

VR/
Mark