tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Mark L CIV NSWC-PC" <>
Subject RE: ssl
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:52:51 GMT
In my extremely limited experience, the SSL in Tomcat is easy to use on
its own. I didn't have much luck with requiring client-side certificates
and I'm not sure the system's approach (keep your own keystore rather
than querying certification authorities) is that great, but for just
activating SSL on the server, Tomcat itself was quite easy and seems to
work fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carey Boldenow []
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 14:21
Subject: ssl

I have just a general question regarding SSL and Tomcat. I have a web
application that is currently being deployed entirely through Tomcat (v
5.0.19). I have now been asked to implement SSL. Is there any problem
with just configuring Tomcat to use SSL, or is it recommended to use
Apache web server and configure it for SSL and just let Tomcat do its

View raw message