tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve McWilliams" <smcwilli...@EmprisaNetworks.com>
Subject tomcat service installation problems
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:10:25 GMT
Hello,

We had been using tomcat 5.0.16 previously, and were able to successfully
deploy it as a windows service (within an InstallShield sequence) using
the "tomcat.exe //IS//" syntax.  We recently upgraded to tomcat 5.0.27
however (which seems to use a later version of commons-daemon) and are
encountering the following service installation problems:

* dash or underscore in service name causes service installation to fail
* "--Startup auto" parameter is ignored (ends up as manual instead)

There were other changes I had to make to the service installation
parameters to migrate from 5.0.16 to 5.0.27 as well (java parameters),
however these two issues remain.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Steve McWilliams
Software Engineer
Emprisa Networks
703-691-0433x21
smcwilliams@emprisanetworks.com

The information contained in this communication is intended only for the use
of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this
communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or any of
its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and
delete the original communication and any copy of it from your computer
system. Thank you.