tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ronald Klop <ronald-mailingl...@base.nl>
Subject Re: Changing session-cookie(JSESSIONID) name in tomat
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:33:06 GMT

Use grep JSESSIONID * and build your own Tomcat.

Ronald.

On Mon Aug 23 18:26:55 CEST 2004 Dineshram Villuri <dineshram@pinksheets.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way we can change JSESSIONID name? I mean can we have a different
cookie name to store sessionid? If yes how I can configure it in tomcat.

I have two applications running on different tomcats in the same physical
box. Both applications use the same authentication mechanism (wherein when 2
users are logged in with the same username the earlier one is kicked
out/logged off). At any time there should be only one user logged in with
the same user name. Though both these use the same mechanism they are 2
independent application but for some weird reasons should run on the same
box.

Now we understand that the problem is with the cookie-name JSESSIONID. Since
both the applications are having the same cookie name(JSESSIONID) if one
user logs on into app1 and an other one is logged on to app2(diff tomcat)
with the same username the earlier one is kicked out.

We are facing this problem only when 2 tomcats are running on the same box.
When they are running on different boxes it works fine but we have to run
them on the same box for other reasons.

Can someone please point me to a different solution (if available) in case
JSESSIONID cannot be changed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dinesh.