tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve McWilliams" <smcwilli...@EmprisaNetworks.com>
Subject RE: tomcat service installation problems
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:44:52 GMT
I looked in the apache bug database and found bug #29096 that refers to
this problem.  It is in the "RESOLVED-INVALID" state however, and claims
that windows services are not supposed to allow dashes in their names.

I don't think that's correct, and have found some references on the web
that state otherwise.  Dashes were allowed under tomcat-5.0.16, but now
they are not under tomcat-5.0.27.  Windows (2003) allows it, but for some
reason tomcat no longer does.

> Hi,
> The dash in service name is a known issue and there's a bugzilla item
> for it.  The --Startup auto I'm not sure is a known issue.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium Research Informatics

Steve McWilliams
Software Engineer