tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Preeti Iyer <preeti.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 404 error accessing servlet in Tomcat5
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:56:18 GMT
Hi Yoav,
Thanks for the response. I do not get the 404 error anymore after
implementing the changes. But when I access the servlet using
http://host:port/myApp/HelloServlet,
I  do not get get any response and I get a blank screen.  I am
attaching my modified  servlet code and web.xml

Why am I getting the blank sceen (no response???). Thank you for the
help. Any suggestions?

Servlet code
-----------------

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.ServletConfig;
import javax.servlet.ServletContext;

public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet
{  private ServletConfig config;

	public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
	{this.config=config;
	System.out.println("***Init");
	}

	public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
throws ServletException, IOException
	{
		System.out.println("***Service method");
		ServletContext context=getServletConfig().getServletContext();
		String name=context.getInitParameter("name");

		String favoriteOS= config.getInitParameter("favoriteOS");

		res.setContentType("text/html");
		PrintWriter out=res.getWriter();
		out.println("<html><body>Hello World");
		out.println("context parameter name: "+ name);
		out.println("config parameter favoriteOS:"+ favoriteOS);
		out.println("</body></html>");
		out.close();
	}

}

web.xml
--------------

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>test.HelloServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>HelloServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/HelloServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>