tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.0 Released
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:22:04 GMT
The Tomcat Team announces the immediate availability of Apache Jakarta Tomcat
5.5.0.

This is the first release of the new Tomcat 5.5 branch, and as such it is not
yet stable. We expect significant additional changes, including possible
changes to packaging, dependencies, and Tomcat internal APIs, before the first
5.5 stable release is made.

Please note that we are still in the process of updating documentation for this
branch. Of special note is the JRE 5.0 requirement: running with JRE 1.4 is
also possible, and instructions are provided with the distribution.

Release notes: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES

Please refer to the change log for the list of changes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads: Binaries: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi Sources:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

The Apache Jakarta Tomcat Team