tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: website going down
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:47:41 GMT
On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 06:12:19PM -0500, Stephen Charles Huey wrote:
: In other words, as far as I can see, Tomcat must be trying to go to
: MySQL to pop up that basic authentication box, but the box never pops up
: because I suppose MySQL is hanging for some reason.  Generally all we
: have to do is restart Tomcat to get everything back to normal.  My
: question is, do you know of any reason why MySQL would be doing this?

Timeout problems, perhaps?  Search the archives: this topic comes up
frequently, especially with MySQL.  There are params you can put in the
JDBC connection to specify a regular keepalive signal, a DB-level ping
to be sent from the app.

Barring that, you could write one yourself: mix threads with TimerTask
and a simple call via your DAOs or whatever.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com