tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sun House <>
Subject RE: docBase attribute in context element doesn't recognize c$
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:19:59 GMT
Hi again Chuck,
the C$ shared folder is a matter of a default situation, it is out of my scope, is is in the
scope of a client installation and i have to ajust ot that.
the previoius mail written by Jon ( thanks Jon !! ) , reffered me to a bug #28219, which you
find in  .
i looked at the sources myself iand i have came to conclusion that its a problem in one of
the two:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl which is the parser implementation in jdk 1.4

or in Digester
and likely it's in Digester
the major question: till the bug is fixed, is the two dollar workaround is sufficient in context
element path?
or do i have to worry that other characters will disapear in parsed xml files?
is there is any substitute for Digester?
Sun House

"Caldarale, Charles R" <> wrote:
> From: Sun House []
> Subject: Re: docBase attribute in context element doesn't recognize c$
> you wrote :"Or giving the root of C: on that PC a proper share name?"
> What is a "proper share name" ?

The C$, D$, etc. names are administrative SMB shares created automatically by Windows. You
have to be a member of the Administrators group in order to use them. You can create your
own share names (without a $ in them) at any directory (folder) level by right-clicking on
the folder or drive in Windows Explorer and selecting sharing or properties. These additional
share names can be given more appropriate security constraints.

- Chuck

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?