tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sun House <sun_house_the_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: docBase attribute in context element doesn't recognize c$
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:37:14 GMT
Thats what i do, as i written previously, i start tomcat 5 from startup.bat,
still i the tomcat somehow parses <Context docBase=\\my-computer\c$\temp ... >
as \\my-computer\c\temp .
the dollar sign is removed, thus i get "Document base \\my-computer\c\temp does not exist..."

BTW i use jdk1.4.2_5 , is it possible that this is an XML parser issue?
i remind ou guys , in TC 4 + jdk 1.3 it worked just fine.
Regards,
Sun House

"Dale, Matt" <Matt.Dale@beCogent.com> wrote:
double click startup.bat in the bin directory

-----Original Message-----
From: Sun House [mailto:sun_house_the_king@yahoo.com]
Sent: 22 August 2004 15:29
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: docBase attribute in context element doesn't recognize c$

Hi ,
i do start it with the startup script
thanks
Sun House

Jacob Kjome wrote:
Are you running as a service? Try running the startup script instead and
see if that works. The service runs under the system user which may not
have access to the network drive.

Jake

At 06:34 AM 8/22/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>i migrated from TC4 to TC 5.
>in TC 4 i had a context element in web.xml which had an attribute of
>\\my-computer\c$\temp
>this worked fine.
>in TC 5 i get this error:
>"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base \\my-computer\c\temp
>does not exist or is not a readable directory"
>some how it removes the $ and caused the Document base not to be found .
>any suggestions ? workarrounds?
>i DO have to use a hidden directory c$ in my application
>regards
>Sun House

Any opinions expressed in this E-mail may be those of the individual and not necessarily the
company. This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this E-mail in
error and that any use or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail
in error please notify the beCogent postmaster at postmaster@becogent.com
Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender and not
beCogent Ltd. You must take full responsibility for virus checking this email and any attachments.
Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may contain data that
falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and that you must ensure that any handling
or processing of such data by you is fully compliant with the terms and provisions of the
Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.