tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat clustering without Apache
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:26:19 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 05:33:00AM -0700, Cott Lang wrote:
: One problem with that is you can still have the session hop servers
: since the Local Director can't match up cookie based mappings to SSL
: session mappings, since it can't read the cookies from SSL connections,
: and can't read non-existant SSL session IDs from non-SSL sessions.

I may have dreamt this =) but I thought you could have the
LocalDirector/F5/whatever handle SSL for you, then send plaintext
traffic back to the Tomcat containers.   (This is effectively what
people do when they put a web server in front of Tomcat using jk/jk2.)

That would grant the LD/F5/etc access to plant their own cookies and
otherwise determine which client was bound to that Tomcat.

-but again, this is all hazy in my memory, so I fear I may have dreamt
it all...

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net