tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Samuel <josam...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Unable to accessing shared network folder
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:57:45 GMT
Hi,
   I am running Tomact 5.0 under Windows 2000. I want
to access a shared folder in the netowrk from my jsp
page. I try giving the UNC path of the shared folder.
But tomcat is unable to see the directory. Please
help.

File sharedFolder = new File ("\\\\machine\\shared");

where "machine" is the name of the network machine,
and "shared" is a folder shared in that machine.

But sharedFolder.exists() returns false, and
sharedFolder.listFiles() returns null.

This happens even if Tomcat is run as an application
and also when it is run as a  service.

I can access the same shared folder directly if run a
test java program outside of tomcat.

Thanks in advance,
Jo