tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Bateman <bobbate...@sequoiallc.com>
Subject Re: [OT] - JVM Max Heap Size on Linux
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:22:52 GMT
On Friday 13 August 2004 01:13 pm, Dale, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are a call centre and the application is a scripting tool for outbound
> calling. I've seen over 300G an hour of memory allocated with 100 users and
> we need to support well over 200. With that much memory being consumed it
> obviously garbage collects pretty much constantly. A very low percentage of
> the objects make it to the old generation so the young generation garbage
> collection is crippling the box, particularly if it has a busy spell.

Have you thought of using multiple invocations of Tomcat on the same box with
multiple IP addresses assigned?  Each invocation could handle a certain
number of users (round robin, etc.).  I haven't looked, but TC 5 seems to
have some nice stuff to handle multiple TC's running as one site.

Just a thought.

Bob