tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Techs" <te...@plhosting.com>
Subject Tomcat startup error
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:30:37 GMT
We're running tomcat 4.1 on redhat linux 9, when I try to start the service
it it fails. The following is located in the catalina.out file:

java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:127)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:65)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal:
java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown Source)

Anybody have a clue? I haven't really working with tomcat before, don't know
where to start to look? If it gave the name of a conf file error or the
actual file that was missing that would be a help...

---
Ryan Bohn
Sys Admin & Tech Support